Finally!!! OUR FIRST HOUSE


Office/ Toy Room


Before

After
Since we moved in our basement has been unfinished.  We have put new carpet on the stairs (which were bare wood and not the pretty kind), in the hallway, in the guest bedroom and now in this room.  We left the man cave carpet the same since that carpet was fairly nice and it's only a weight room.  The only room that still remains unfinished is the Laundry/Storage room, which will remain unfinished while we live here.

As you can see from the before picture, josh had to frame the walls and air ducts, put up drywall, tape, mud, paint (my mom helped out a ton with those last three), add carpet, door frames, and finally baseboard... it was a lot of work!





Baby Audrey's Room




I picked out some fabric and my mom made the dust ruffle, crib quilt and curtains




Main Floor Bathroom






Living Room



The entire main floor was redone by the previous owner.
The wood floors are from the time the house was built (in 1957) and were covered with carpet until the previous owner restored them before we moved in.  Both the baby's room and master bedroom have these wood floors under the carpet.





Dining Room Area and Kitchen







Stairs

Josh and My dad laid carpet and put in new lights
(there was a random florescent bulb hanging from the ceiling before)



Guest/Vanity/Craft Room




 This basement room had spiky walls, dark wood paneling, and very worn out carpet.  Josh had to sand the walls, paint the paneling, and put in new carpet.





Man Cave (basement weight room)









Basement Bathroom


Josh and I taped, painted, and installed new flooring in this bathroom






Our Bedroom



 Josh and I bought our first house at the end of April 2011.  It's been a lot of work (which is why I haven't gotten pictures on until now), but we love it! We never thought we would own a home so soon, but  after searching high and low for clean affordable place to live, we found out that here in Pocatello, owning a nice home was cheaper than a nice rental.

When the weather gets warm enough to open windows to air out the house I plan on adding more color to some of the rooms. Now that I'm not in a Rental, I'm way excited for being able to do that! :)

1 comment:

  1. cute! I love it! Looks great! I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete