“The greater your capacity to love, the greater your capacity to feel the pain.” Jennifer Aniston

Celeste is a senior in High School.  In this last year she has been hospitalized 4 times! She has a rare disease called Behcets which always puts her in a terrible amount of pain and puts her at risk for some very serious problems. Because of this disease she has learned to tolerate pain a lot better than others.  In the last couple weeks she has been in the hospital twice, the first time she had her appendix removed and while doing that the doctors found a 3 inch round cyst about ready to burst. Not Long after this surgery, she was a passenger in a car that hit a truck head on going 50mph, and she didn't even have a seat belt on.  She was seriously lucky to make it out alive.  She came out of the accident only slightly concussed and with a few good bruises.  

The greater your capacity to love, the greater your capacity to feel the pain.
 Jennifer Aniston

I like that quote for my baby sister because i think it describes her.  She may feel a great deal of pain but I don't know many people who love as much as she does.  She would do anything for her friends and family.  I love her so much and I'm so glad that she is ok. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great post. I am so glad that Celeste is ok too. It's a miracle she with us today with everything she has been through.

    We will miss you guys too! It was so much fun living so close to you guys and getting to see you often. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete