The Turtle Lady & the Failed Artist

Have you ever seen someone struggle with something that normal people do without thinking. Picture a lady getting out of her car, one limb at a time, like an old crab gradually coming out of it's shell. Then rocking her body back and forth to get enough momentum to slowly drag her body off the drivers seat. Like watching a turtle on it's back trying to flip over. Then watch her as she has to crawl halfway back into the car to tug out a small backpack that she heaves over her back as if it is full of something that requires great strength to carry and then she limps off towards her destination... it's me, turtle lady is me. I have been feeling weak from being sick and I am describing myself as some lively college student must see me as I try to drag myself to class.

I am struggling right now in everything but oh, will it feel so awesome when it is all over and I can say that I did it! Because I can do hard things!!! I have an ever growing mountain of homework (that I am currently avoiding by venting on my blog:) and today when my teacher handed me yet another assignment, it took so much willpower not to ball the paper up, throw it in her face and yell, "NO"!  So in order to keep my sanity in times like this I turn to my happy place; things that make me laugh, like Josh's art...


I love all things art, and Josh... well, he tries haha.  He is great at many things; he is currently kicking butt at work in the career center and in his counseling program, but art is not one of those things.  Without realizing it, he signed up for a counseling art class and so I get the pleasure of seeing his magnificent college graduate works of "art".  So take a stroll down the Josh art gallery:




Another thing that use to always put me in a good mood was lip syncing this song:

No comments:

Post a Comment