Getting Your Crap Together

     Just when you think you are on top of everything, reevaluate because you probably aren't. Just sayin. Haha ok so maybe that is not true for everyone but that has been my experience in my own life lately.

     Just the other day I left the house, all homework assignments completed and neatly arranged in my folder, I got dinner in the crock-pot and I'm leaving on time. After finally finding a freakin parking spot (because ISU parking is terrible even after selling a kidney to buy a parking pass, just kidding about the kidney) I'm walking to class and the thought hits me... Did I forget to put my underwear on? Yea, it feels like I straight up just put pants on. You'd think at this part of my life, putting underwear on is something I'd do on autopilot.

     In the most inconspicuous way I can (because the people walking around me probably think I'm strange enough as it is) I stick my hand in my pants to check... Ok we're good, I did put on underwear. I looked at the people around me and telepathically told any who might have seen that last display, not to worry about it.

     I get to class just before it starts, everyone is already sitting down and before I sit down, I talk to the girls who sit around me (I  was actually laughing with them about how I thought that I forgot my underwear haha) before the teacher walks in and starts class. It takes half the class period before I realize that one of those assignments organized so neatly in my folder, was due on the teacher's desk at the beginning of class. Yep, my assignment is late.

     Well shoot! I guess I can say that I did, at least, put underwear on and maybe even more importantly, I am fully dressed and I am there.

     So on the topic of getting your crap together... Josh and I are taking our hardest busiest semester ever right now, so having time to shop for and make food has been rather difficult. So we've been eating a lot of cheap fast food lately and it shows. We both just lost weight last summer and we've already put a lot of that back on so we've decided that regardless of our hectic lives, we need to do better. We aren't doing anything crazy like going vegan or gluten free (no offence to those weirdos who are vegan or gluten free) and we aren't going to do any crazy diets either. We are simply going to try to plan better, use our time more wisely and develop better habits.

Off the topic.... Josh and I went to international night at ISU.  It was great fun! The food was good and interesting. I feel like other countries really like their hot spicy foods because over half that plate of food was spicy! The entertainment was also pretty awesome as you cannot tell from the picture below (that blurry guy in the background on the stage is doing a dance that was pretty cool).


Also on the topic of being off topic... my mom was reorganizing and found these old pictures to give to me.  It is crazy to see the contrast between the two photos.  I can definitely see Audrey in the lower half of my face in my younger picture. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sister!! Sure do miss you guys! I am glad you remembered underwear..I might have had to tease you for...well, for the rest of your life! Ha! Glad you guys are doing good, busy sounds like, but doing good. Give Audrey a kiss from me!

    ReplyDelete