| Cute little Audrey taking one of her first baths |
There are many things about pregnancy, giving birth, and bringing your new baby home that people either don't tell you, or they tell you and you can never fully understand until after they happen to you.
As far as pregnancy goes, the books and doctors seem to down play everything. Every pregnancy is different, and mine was fairly easy as far as pregnancies go. Doctors and books will say things like, " you may have trouble with some of your regular activities", what they mean is: If you don't have someone with you to help roll you around, it may take you half your morning just figuring out how to get out of your bed.
| She is just the Cutest! |
| Even when she is mad, she is cute! |
Even though people tell you over and over that you won't get much sleep after the baby is born, I don't think I could quite grasp how much rest I would lose until after Audrey was born. In the third trimester I found that I would toss and turn in the night from how uncomfortable I was and from all the moving Audrey was doing, but this is not the same. In pregnancy it was insomnia. I was awake because I couldn't sleep. After pregnancy it's like waking up for zero hour or just early school three times in one night. It's being dead asleep, and being dragged out of bed without any snooze button option. Sometimes Josh has to wake me up and tell me the time because it feels like I just hit the sheets and I just can't believe she is hungry already, but sure enough it's been three hours, and she is hungry.
| There she is with her arms up again :) |
| Don't you just want to kiss those cheeks! |
ok babe. thanks for keeping it real!! ha these are things a girl just never hears!
ReplyDeleteShe is adorable!! I can't wait to hold her and kiss those cheeks! Sorry I guess I forgot to tell you about being sooooo... sleep deprived, and waking up soaking wet... oops! haha. Fun huh? Like you said, it's one of those things you have to experience yourself to understand. Did mom make you some of those nursing pads you can wash? I loved those things. They would last all day and soak up the milk better than store nursing pads would. The worse was when my girls would be ready to nurse and I couldn't get them to latch on fast enough,before the milk would drip everywhere! haha! OK..so that was a bit too much info. ANYWAY. Sounds like you are doing a great job April! See you in a month!!!
ReplyDeleteI do have nursing pads, but I can't stand wearing them when they are wet. I'm pretty sure I spray Audrey in the face all the time because she doesn't latch on fast enough.
ReplyDelete