Since all this crazy covid, I have got to be home more and work on more projects. So I figured I would share some of that and a few of the other projects I haven't shared yet.
This was what our backyard looked like before we moved in. Just a yard full of weeds.



Before:
My secluded reading area swing :)
Before:
After:
Basement Before- The wood floor made it cold and echo
Our Basement After - The carpet really warms it up and the projector and sound system are awesome!!! Instead of buying a huge screen, we just found a gray paint that is recommended for projecting on and painted the wall and then lined it with a black border.
Some things we have changed:
We only just got most of the sprinklers working so we should start working more on getting rid of the weeds and growing nice thick grass!
Let's go over a few things with the Pergola Project...

I am all about doing my projects with as little money as possible without making them look bad. The Pergola cost us about $250 for all the wood. I really wanted to add curtains to give it a cozier feel and so that we could block out some light/wind/bugs if we needed to. When I went to look at curtain rods the size I needed, it was hard to find some for a decent price; it was going to cost at least $130 for just the curtain rods alone! That is more than they are actually worth to me so instead I bought galvanized pipe for about $3 and made that work instead.
I bought a few fake succulents (so I don't have to worry about watering and the weather getting to them).
I really wanted a blue centerpiece because I have been using blue accents to contrast the oranges in the wood so I just painted a white pot that I had and it turned out like this:

And I have had these outdoor lights for a while and finally got to use them!

After:
After:
Our Basement After - The carpet really warms it up and the projector and sound system are awesome!!! Instead of buying a huge screen, we just found a gray paint that is recommended for projecting on and painted the wall and then lined it with a black border.
Before- they tried to replicate the different walls when touching up the house but it just didn't look great in different areas of the house because nothing matched.
After - We have painted most of this house since moving in because of all patch work that didn't match.: walls, trim, doors, ceiling, and I have even spray painted light fixtures that needed it.

Before Bathroom 1: Towel ring and light fixture were dark metal, knobs and faucet were silvery, toilet paper holder was white, walls were peachy, counters were peachy brown. I really wanted to make this bathroom flow better on a budget.
During: Painted walls, changed the knobs, faucet, and toilet paper holder to dark metal. Primed all the bathroom/laundry room counters with a black primer.

During: Painted all the counters with a marble look and added a top coat.
After
The sub-floor by the shower was exposed and the floor had to be redone.
After:Newly painted counter and walls. New flooring and trim.

Before- When I moved in I didn't know how I felt about some of the painted walls in this house but after living in the house for a while, I decided they were more interesting than just a plain wall. So instead of getting rid of the wall art, I just redid some of it. Like in the picture below, it shows some of the brick wall that the original owner painted. My old kitchen farm decorations didn't go with it so I found some cool stuff at the DI to fix up and flow with the style of the rest of the kitchen after doing paint touch-ups to some of the bricks.
... For the "Batman Room" I redid some of the coloring to tone it down to a nice cityscape. I also got rid of the bats, added some extra character to make things pop differently, and redid the shading. The moon and the lit windows actually have a glossier glow-in-the-dark paint which is pretty cool!
After:























No comments:
Post a Comment